Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money
(04-02-2017, 12:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:
Signing bonuses are required to be paid from cash reserves and are prohibited from being leveraged.
  So there are no loans on contracts.

As stated earlier in the thread, MB purchased the remaining shares that were not in the family just a few years ago in cash, so I'm sure that severely reduced his assets.

They cannot leverage contracts.  Additionally ownership is required to maintain a very conservative debt ratio by league rules

As for the size of the staffs, there is a mind set that too many cooks in the kitchen is counter productive.  I have heard Brown make enough public statements on the issue to believe that is his opinion on the matter.  If Mike's ideology it to streamline things with direct input of trusted sources as opposed to a plethora of people providing a possible excess of opinions, that is his prerogative as owner.

I am not an accountant or an attorney so don't know the legal interpretation nor the accounting methods used. Help me understand how the Pats can give Brady a 28 million signing bonus in year one 14 million and  in year 2 million again, spread it (leverage it) over the life of the contract, but in your scenario not count it against debt? I am just trying to understand it because it seems very cloudy to me, but again no expert. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money - Luvnit2 - 04-02-2017, 12:38 PM