Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders
(04-01-2017, 08:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: There is no such thing as "Accidental Discharge".
All are preventable.
They are "Negligent Discharges".
Even the barrel cooking the round would be negligent, as they knew it was a possibility and should have unloaded the weapon and fired the final round downrange. 

Hah, I made my post below before I read yours.  Here, xxlt, is a man who knows what he is talking about.  As for "cook offs", you have to fire an large amount of rounds in short order for you to be able to cook a round off.  No one, outside of a YouTube video or combat, is going to subject their firearm to such stress as you significantly lower the service life of your firearm by doing so.  If you're at some inane event like the "Great shoot off" or whatever the fug it's called or if you're at a live fire drill in the military you may fire enough rounds to have this be a danger.  Even in these scenarios, a person who knows what they are doing will immediately cycle the action once they are done firing and clear the chamber.  Not doing so would be negligent.  Unless you are firing a belt fed firearm doing so is both simple and instantaneous.

Thank you, Roto, for being an island of sanity in a river of far left gun ignorance diarrhea.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chicago: 12 hours, 1 neighborhood, 7 murders - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-02-2017, 04:13 PM