Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron
(04-02-2017, 08:41 AM)xxlt Wrote: Good post. I am not sure the window is closed though. They had a lot of injuries last year. If the guys they drafted last year show up and stay healthy along with everyone else staying healthy they may still have a shot. Then, like you said, you never want to need him but it is important to have that back up QB for a stretch if your starter gets dinged.

There are always injuries though. In 2014 it was Marvin Jones and AJ Green for the playoff game. That's why we lost according to some.

In 2015 we lost in the playoffs because Andy Dalton was injured, according to some.

In 2016 there actually weren't any key injuries unless you count Eifert for the first 7 games. Some might count rookies Billings and Jackson. Bernard's injury didn't cause a single loss IMO, he was already having his worst year in the NFL when he was injured.

The O-line played very poorly as a whole last year and unless Ogbuehi somehow overcomes his weaknesses and Fisher steps up and Bodine suddenly becomes a good center, 2017 isn't looking very promising for this unit.

A really good draft could change all of that. I just won't be holding my breath. Mikey Brown still has the last say on draft picks that's enough to make me skeptical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron - BengalChris - 04-03-2017, 08:03 AM