Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals in No Man's Land?
(04-02-2017, 06:56 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: It feels like the Bengals are in a draft situation where there might not be a talent worthy of the number nine pick, but also a lack of suitors who are willing to trade up to the ninth spot. Most of the names floated out there for who the Bengals would be interested in would also be available a little later on, or at least there would be worthy alternatives. I think of any draft in recent history, this is the one to trade down in unless something breaks weirdly up front. The problem is, I don't know if anyone will be willing to come up.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out when the draft gets here.

The problem is there is no clear cut winner at #9 unless Solomon Thomas falls. Part of that is because the OT pool is not very good this year, and the other part is that the Bengals have filled many of their voids with veterans (albeit not with star veterans). So everyone can easily make a valid scenario for Howard, Foster, a RB, WR, DB, or even Barnett.

Personally, I want a good player with elite potential, not a player with a low ceiling. I wouldn't be opposed to a player like Barnett or Mike Williams, but I'd prefer someone different.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals in No Man's Land? - ochocincos - 04-03-2017, 10:44 AM