Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footballoutsiders on Burkhead
(04-02-2017, 10:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just wait and see, Burkhead will shine in NE !

No he's probably not gonna be a "bellcow" with 325 carries for 1,500 yards and 10 TD's. And he probably won't have 70 receptions for 875 yards with 9 TD's either.

But like Shake and others say the Pats will use him correctly and he'll be a fairly big part of their O down the line. I can easily see him having 1,000 combined yards and 6 or 8 TD's, or even more ?

I see that as a realistic ceiling. I was thinking of them using him like a bigger version of Danny Woodhead. 

(04-03-2017, 11:07 AM)Gohards Wrote: Oh, sorry. I forgot about his grand total of 375 career yards.

Did someone just compare AP to burkhead and say that AP doesnt have hands like burkhead??

Youre kidding me right? Dont ever disrespect a future HOFer by comparing him to a nobody.

Yeah when people make these grand claims about Burkhead, they need to realize we're talking about a guy that's played 1 really good game. It's just as possible that he remains buried on NE's depth chart. They still have Dion Lewis and I kinda feel Burkhead will be to him what Martellus Bennett was to Gronk last year. Insurance for an oft-injured key piece of the offense. 

In fact, the more I think about it, the more sure I am that's exactly why NE signed Burkhead. Rex didn't play last year until Gio went down, and he filled the Gio role pretty well. Of course, Dion Lewis always gets hurt, so I'm pretty sure Rex will get a shot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Footballoutsiders on Burkhead - fredtoast - 04-02-2017, 12:20 PM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkhead - McC - 04-03-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkehead - Shake n Blake - 04-03-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkhead - McC - 04-03-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkehead - treee - 04-02-2017, 08:38 PM