Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footballoutsiders on Burkhead
(04-03-2017, 12:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burkhead has WR hands if you know even a shred about the guy. I have never even seen him drop a ball.

Makes great catches that AP couldn't do in his prime.

Like i said, AP was a great RB in his prime but catching the ball out of the backfield wasn't his strength.

Have to compare RB's strengths and weaknesses and it this point in AP's career it is fair.

This is no disrespect to AP, he was one of the best RB's of all time, but there is a reason why he was cut and hasn't found a new team yet.

AP has probably fallen off some, but make no mistake, he will be with a team in 2017. He'd be signed right now if he'd lower his standards and contract expectations. Instead, he's being selective by looking to sign with a SB contender for good money. That might not happen, and if it does, he may have to wait awhile. I think Rex has solid hands, but saying catching wasn't a strength for AP is relative. AP has 244 career receptions, averaging 31 catches per 16 games played. Burkhead has 34 career catches. Take from that what you will. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Footballoutsiders on Burkhead - fredtoast - 04-02-2017, 12:20 PM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkhead - McC - 04-03-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkehead - Shake n Blake - 04-03-2017, 12:30 PM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkhead - McC - 04-03-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Footballoutsiders on Burkehead - treee - 04-02-2017, 08:38 PM