Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grown man vs recent teen. My take on the Character issue & Pac Man spin by management
I'm not defending the Bengals keeping Pacman - at all - but doesn't he have to fork over huge chunks of his pay to the man who was paralyzed by his posse? Actually, I found an article on it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/09/pacman-jones-ordered-to-pay-12-4m-to-shooting-victims/

Quote:Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones has been ordered to pay $12.4 million to the victims of a Las Vegas shooting after he lost an appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court.

Two doormen at a Las Vegas strip club sued Jones after they were shot during an incident in 2007. Jones didn’t pull the trigger, but a jury found he incited the melee at the strip club that precipitated the shooting.

The bulk of the $12.4 million will go to Tommy Urbanski, who was paralyzed in the shooting. Urbanski’s co-worker Aaron Cudworth was also shot and awarded damages from Jones, though Cudworth’s injuries were not as severe.

Jones’s lawyer, Lisa Rasmussen, has previously said that Jones cannot afford to pay the damages.

12.4 million is a ton of money...even for Pacman. Especially considering what his spending habits have probably been over the years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grown man vs recent teen. My take on the Character issue & Pac Man spin by man... - Shake n Blake - 04-03-2017, 01:03 PM