Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grown man vs recent teen. My take on the Character issue & Pac Man spin by management
(04-03-2017, 01:12 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I've read numerous articles that state Jones has never paid much towards that judgement.  Here is a link to the latest I could find, in which the main victim says he has received $60k.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/adam-pacman-jones-shooting-victim-tommy-urbanski-new-york-jets-free-agent-030916

From what I am finding, the incident took place in 2007. Ten years ago. Ten years to plan and prepare for paying it.
Pac man was "ordered to pay" on January 15, 2012 by a Jury. It then says (on Wikipedia mind you) that Jones was "forced to pay" on January 9, 2015. Now that may mean the case was appealed and then in 2015 they ruled final against Pac Man or that he actually paid or took out loans to pay or is getting Garnished. I am not certain where it all stands. Maybe another Poster knows more.

With that said, if I were Mike Brown and this was my real reason for keeping Pac Man then I would want to Guaranty a few things occurred from Pac Man in return for not cutting him. I would make it Crystal Clear that this is the specific reason he is being kept to start protecting the reputation of my Organization when it comes to the character issue. I would then want Pac Man to prove that he is "actually paying" this obligation with the money I would be giving him as owner. Or that he has already paid the obligation but has to repay loans he took out to do it. Team Lawyers could even help work out a Settlement that could save Pac Man money and make the victim happy if he has not yet paid. I would make sure Pac Man is accountable and if he or the Players Association or his Agent don't want to be responsible I would go ahead & cut the Grown man. If Mike Brown lets him play here 2 more years and get paid without Pac Man using that money to pay on this obligation then he has just DELAYED his Bankruptcy. He would not have really helped at all. This could actually turn into a Positive story if the Bengals got Pac Man to get on Board Publicly with the concept of being a responsible adult that pays his debts to society and the team that was willing to work with him to make sure he does it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grown man vs recent teen. My take on the Character issue & Pac Man spin by man... - depthchart - 04-03-2017, 01:47 PM