Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron
(03-30-2017, 07:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry but it is true, and I am far from the only person to note this issue. He WAS shut down in the first game (pick six among other exploits) and against Denver he looked okay against man coverage but as soon as they switched to zone he looked awful and really never looked sharp again. 

We know, in your eyes McCarron can do no wrong (like Paul Alexander I guess)....

This is such an ignorant comment.

Steelers played over 60% zone coverage in his first game and he hit several deep ins vs cover 3, held the safety on a long pass to Sanu vs cover 3, and completed some passes underneath on cover 2.

Denver was the best defense in football because they had a legend at d-coordinator who could adjust when getting destroyed in man.  Chris Harris even admitted that they don't go to zone very often after the game, said they were a man to man team that's what they do.  McCarron made them get out of what they do in an effort to stop him.

Aaron Rodgers passed for 77 yards in the whole game against that Denver defense, McCarron passed for 81 in the second half against a zone defense he supposedly looked awful against.

As usual, some of you guys want to bag on AJM instead of giving other teams credit or giving AJM credit.  I guess if you drop a hotdog on the ground somehow AJM is responsible for it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron - BigSeph - 04-03-2017, 04:58 PM