Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron
(03-30-2017, 11:38 PM)kevin Wrote: If Dalton gets injured, you will all wish we had not traded McCarron.  Plus they don't pay McCarron much. We know the O Line is being rebuilt. I'm hoping enough to go Super Bowl but still....If we had to play today, in March, Dalton would get killed.  As for now, we need McCarron. The O Line is very much in question at this point.  Unless somebody offers us a first round pick, which is NOT going to happen.  We may need Dalton, McCarron and a good mid round rookie pick on the reserve team, we may need 3 quarterbacks to get through 2017. I hope not, but injuries happen. Look at Ohio State Buckeyes good enough to win National Championship not long ago, but down to their third string QB due to injuries. INJURIES HAPPEN. I think this is McCarrons last year here and maybe time to get another good college QB on the cheap to be on reserve team to take McCarrons regular roster spot in 2018. Unless they really like who is on the reserve team now at QB. My word, with Romo and RG3 and others out there looking for a place to play, I don't see teams trading a first round for McCarron.

So the Bengals can beat the Ryan Mallett Ravens and Blaine Gabbert 49ers, and lose to everyone else? Because I am pretty sure any backup could have done that with the talent that team had.

Going 2-3 with the two wins against like 3rd string QBs on 5 win teams isn't exactly screaming "need".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron - TheLeonardLeap - 04-03-2017, 05:57 PM