Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempt at Realistic Mock w/ My Preference Added
(04-04-2017, 01:19 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: It wouldn't bother me if we drafted OJ Howard, but the more I think about it the more I just don't think it would happen. I have nothing to back this up, but I think they're probably higher on Uzomah after getting to watch him play sparingly last year. He is no Eifert, but I think he could still help in 2 TE sets.

Definitely could be. That's why I have Howard as my preference and not what I expect the Bengals to do. I think a more likely scenario is they find another depth TE to groom and possibly cut Hewitt. The reason I think this could happen is because Hewitt's usage dropped a ton last year and I expect more of the same this year with a worse OL.
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/10/19/13326324/why-ryan-hewitt-is-on-the-bengals-bench-so-often-2016

I just think Kroft and Uzomah are decent TE2 types and if Eifert is not in there, there's a pretty decent drop off. Plus, if Eifert leaves in FA after this year, I think the TE position will be weak. I don't have faith that our coaches can develop a mid-round TE pick to become an elite TE. They need to invest a first or second round TE to get good production from the TE position. But that's my opinion, not likely what they believe.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attempt at Realistic Mock w/ My Preference Added - ochocincos - 04-04-2017, 01:35 PM