Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infrastructure Lessons from Venice
(04-04-2017, 07:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Such as? Because I look at construction and see machines sitting there with nobody working, or 1-2 guys working and 4 guys sitting around.

Always looks to me like they intentionally take their time so there's no/as little of a gap between jobs as possible. Turn a 1 week job into a 1 month job so you don't have your guys with no job to do for 3 weeks while you wait for your next job. Of course then they need paid for 4 weeks of work rather than 1 week.

There is no shortage of jobs that need to be done with regards to our infrastructure, if they finished a job early there would be something else waiting for them. And as to folks hanging about at sites, you probably see more working than you realize, but you notice the ones hanging about more because that's what fits the common understanding of those jobs.

But, regardless of all of that, I was referring to the engineering involved, the procurement, and raising of the funds, etc., etc. There are lots of things beyond just the actual labor that can hold a project like that up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Infrastructure Lessons from Venice - Belsnickel - 04-04-2017, 07:51 PM