Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infrastructure Lessons from Venice
(04-04-2017, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is like hyper-warp speed for any project in America.  I'll be genuinely shocked if they complete by that date.  And, it is public funding.  Where does the Federal Highway Administration get their money?  American tax dollars...

It's not hyper-warp speed when it's an extremely important thing that needs to be fixed. It's not like we're talking about the need for planning and designing, and permitting. Just repairing. Also the fact that you're calling 350ft of repairs being done in 70-ish (or likely more) days hyper-warp speed is my whole point that they simply take far too long. This is Atlanta, it's not like they have to worry about snow and ice.

Yes, I know it's from tax dollars, but my point was it wasn't specifically all local funding. It's federal money coming at them rather than "Oh, we need to repair this, so we're going to have to budget cut $2m from our public schools." or something. They don't need to fit it into their city budget, I guess was my point.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Infrastructure Lessons from Venice - TheLeonardLeap - 04-04-2017, 10:14 PM