Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson Still Catching TDs In Mexican Football League
(04-04-2017, 08:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [b]The bottom line is that we didn't win with Chad here. [/b As you point out, the Steelers managed to win despite having woman beaters, duis, rape allegations, suspensions, off-season motorcycle crashes, and other off-the-field nonsense going on.  The Bengals?  We can't manage to survive when our best WR does something silly such as wearing a goofy fake HOF jacket or changing his nameplate.  

Go figure.  Clearly the curse of Chad carries on as we are still cursed to not win despite replacing our prior cast of "me first" d-bags with young talented players who would take a bullet for Mike Brown...or something.

You're on to something there. I do think people blame Chad for how things unraveled with that core of players. Which is unfair IMO. The FO did a poor job of building around Palmer and Chad. They couldn't help that the defense was pretty awful from 2003-2008. Or that the o-line fell apart. 

Those 2 should be remembered more for helping pull this team out of the abyss, but I guess people (myself included) expected more than a couple playoff one-n-dones out of those 2. Like I said...it wasn't their fault it ended the way it did though.

Chad wanted help. That's why he asked for a trade in 2008. He wanted help in free agency. Something LeBron complains about to no end. Carson asked out just 2 years later, so obviously he wasn't happy with something himself. They wanted better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad Johnson Still Catching TDs In Mexican Football League - Shake n Blake - 04-04-2017, 10:22 PM