Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grown man vs recent teen. My take on the Character issue & Pac Man spin by management
(04-04-2017, 01:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was reading Daugherty's recent piece on Mike Brown not drawing any lines, and it got me thinking.

Is Mike's constant forgiveness to players like Pacman really good in any way?

It certainly doesn't help the team or the perception of it or the city. But I'd also argue that it doesn't help the person he's being lenient with.

Sometimes people need a wake up call.
It may be that Mike Brown gets invested in a Bargain move he made that worked out well and then wants to get as much mileage out of that move as possible. What I mean is, the Bengals were able to get Pac man initially because his bad character drove down his Market value. Mike Brown then signed him getting a solid corner and special teams player below what that player would cost if his character wasn't bad. There was then a period of time when Pac Man made a Pro Bowl and was out of trouble. The Bengals got positive Press for a little while during this time. Mike Brown had rescued his career after all. Forward to today and the Bengals still need his experience while trying to develop William Jackson III. They still feel they need him for football reasons, likely have developed a sense of caring for him & his family, hope he has another stretch of good behavior and rationalize it all through the Media. They send a message to the Public and Pac Man that they are saving his Family by keeping him with hopes of gaining fan support while also hoping Pac man will appreciate this & stay out of trouble for a while.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grown man vs recent teen. My take on the Character issue & Pac Man spin by man... - depthchart - 04-05-2017, 10:37 AM