Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money
(04-02-2017, 09:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Thanks Jim,

I think I can speak for everybody here in saying we really appreciate the time you take to spend with us here ! You give us much insight into the bigger picture and/or other angles we would never have. Please keep it up as much as you can.

Bravo Zulu

As to the indoor facility the only thing I can add for whatever it's worth :

With many things in life you're either growing or dying, there is no staying the same. Basically the entire NFL and many College teams now have indoor facilities. They have them for a reason. There's no reason not to keep pace and stay up with the times.

In the late 70's and early 80's when I was playing HS football we had 1 little dixie cup, 12 ounces ? full of dust and grass covered water waiting for us on the bench on the practice field on a 90 degree late July summer afternoon. We weren't allowed to take our helmets off and that 1 cup was all we got for a 2 hour or more practice. Toughen us up ya know ?

Needless to say, they don't do that anymore. There's no reason for Mike Brown in my opinion to think he's gaining an edge or whatever by not joining the league and modern times giving his players a chance to stay up with the crowd, is there ?

Lucky the did not kill us all with the amount of water they gave us back in the day. Can remember them saying no more than two swallows or you will cramp up. lol

and this was after they had you take a salt pill. The coach grabbing you by the face mask if a mistake was made jerking you toward him while berating you then giving you a head slap on your way back out. 

Ah the good old days. 

There is no excuse for an NFL team not having a indoor practice field imo. Should have an indoor and outdoor to be used at the coaches discretion.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF You Ever Wonder About the Bengals Not Having Any Money - Go Cards - 04-05-2017, 12:32 PM