Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron
(04-06-2017, 12:41 AM)BigSeph Wrote: I've led some of these forum posters by the nose through the specifics of AJM's performances in every single game last season.

It doesn't matter - some of you guys have such a bizarre hatred for AJM that it destroys your ability to reason.

Blaming a playoff loss on a backup QB who had limited 1st team reps, was making his 4th start ever in the NFL, in a rain game, and put the team ahead late and watched Hill fumble the ball away and Burfict and Pacman giftwrap a game-winning FG to the Steelers, then had the guts to stand in front of reporters and say we win as a team and we lose as a team and not throw shade on his teammates while you "fans" talk about him like he's a pathetic QB........ some of you guys are ridiculous.

AJ McCarron has a career QB rating 5 points higher than Andy Dalton.

Has a better playoff QB rating in his one start (where he was just soooooo bad) than Andy Dalton has put up in any of his 4 playoff starts.

Remind me again why some of you never run out of excuses for Andy but bag on AJM every chance you get....

I don't usually get into these kinds of things, but McCarron has not played enough for us to decide whether he will or won't be a successful QB somewhere else. We have a sample size. I don't have any kind of hatred for AJM. I like him as a backup. 

Here are his stat lines for everyone who needs them:
22/32 280 2 TD 2 INT vs PITT - Loss   
Pitt had the 30th ranked pass defense. 21st overall defense.

15/21 192 1 TD 0 INT vs SF - Win 
SF had the 27th ranked pass defense. 29th overall defense.

22/35 200 1 TD 0 INT vs DEN - Loss 
DEN had the 1st ranked pass defense. 1st overall defense.

17/27 160 2 TD 0 INT vs BAL - Win 
BAL had the 10th ranked pass defense. 8th overall defense.

23/41 212 1 TD 1 INT vs PITT - Loss 

In my opinion, his stats show that he can't be more than a simple game manager. He is not someone who is going to win you games. I'll even admit that during the first half of the Denver game he looked REALLY good, I was dreaming of a playoff run. But he was completely shut down in the second half. It's very possible that he goes to another team and does well. It's also possible he goes to another team and is out of the league in 3 years. We just don't know. We won't know for a few more years at least. I would not want him as my starter over Andy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron - rezolve11 - 04-06-2017, 01:37 PM