Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson Still Catching TDs In Mexican Football League
(04-06-2017, 02:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It was replacing Brat with Gruden, Ocho with AJ, and Palmer with Dalton. All upgrades even if you think not. 

Brat would have been fired by a normal franchise years before 2010.  Chad was clearly spent as a WR since he went from being our #1 to being a bench/practice squad player when we left here (I never understood why Bengals fans were so amused by this. Wow, one of our top franchise players is a total non-factor on a real team. Hardy har har).  Those are both slam-dunks, as far as replacements go.

Palmer to Dalton is less of a no-brainier because Palmer has been a starter and had some success, a trip to a conference championship, and an MVP push.  I'd put them in the same boat, if anything and the whole "Palmer isn't a leader" narrative seems to only be mentioned in Cincy (though we could know the guy better than Larry Fitzgerald, I guess).

When I think of the fact that this team had two decent QBs for the better part of the past 13 years I get annoyed at the lack of playoff success more than anything.  I remember the 2015 season when 2 of the top 5 QBs in the league were Palmer and Dalton and thinking "Come on Marvin, just ONE playoff win...come on!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad Johnson Still Catching TDs In Mexican Football League - Nately120 - 04-06-2017, 07:28 PM