Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Johnson Still Catching TDs In Mexican Football League
I wasn't offended at all, GoCards. Just disagree and made my case. I trust the words out of Hue's mouth over hearsay any day. That story changed multiple times over the years, all started by a disgruntled former player (Shaun Smith) who possibly had an axe to grind. Hue was consistent in his statements from 2008 and this one from 2015:

Quote:"Chad Johnson never hit Marvin Lewis. Chad Johnson never hit me. Chad Johnson never put anybody in a headlock. Chad Johnson was very emotional at halftime of that game. The true story to all that was Chad had an IV in his arm and me, and him were talking about plans for the second half and he got emotional because he said, 'Hey, coach, without Carson (Palmer) I'm not going to be able to get the ball.'

"And that's what it was and I told him, `Well, then you need to tell (offensive coordinator) Coach Bratkowski that.' And he ripped the IV out of his arm, and it's like anything else, you see blood coming out of a person's arm people think the worst. And he went from there to go into the locker room to let Coach Lewis know that, 'Hey, look, I want the ball.' And that was it. And when he opened the door he stumbled out of the training room so he was flailing and people think that he was swinging on people. Chad wasn't swinging on anybody. Chad would not hit Marvin Lewis, and Chad sure would not hit me. So that is not what happened and I'm very disappointed that now, even after two years, we have to discuss this again. But that is exactly what happened."

"A lot of people thought me and him got into a fight," said Jackson last week. "That wasn't a fight. Chad will be the first to tell you the guy pulled the IV out of his arm and blood starts sprouting out. Everyone was trying to get it closed and the emotion of where he was and it's halftime, he ripped the thing out, wanted to go win and grabbed the door. People thought commotion was going on. I was the first person to calm him down. The other person to calm him down was T.J. Us two people standing there everybody wanted to make it more than what it was. He just had a passion to win. I love passionate football players. Everybody thought he was wrong because of what was reported but it didn't happen that way."

That's an awful lot of detail for a guy just "trying to take the high road".

Shaun Smith literally said Chad punched Marvin in the eye. I've seen Chad hit the punching bag before, and Marv would've had some kind of mark on his face from that. Heck, he probably would've had an eye swollen shut TBH. I buy Hue's version over Shaun Smith's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad Johnson Still Catching TDs In Mexican Football League - Shake n Blake - 04-06-2017, 08:44 PM