Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBT Job Discrimination Is Prohibited by Civil Rights Law
(04-07-2017, 11:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ok, this seems to answer your last post

Except I was none of those persons bosses, so I was never in a position to discriminate against them to begin with. They were all my friends, or people who knew I didn't care one way or the other who they liked.

(04-07-2017, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you even understand the issue we are discussing.  There is nothing in this ruling that requires people to talk about their sexual orientation at work. 

It just says that if your employer (or prospective employer) does know your sexual orientation they can not discriminate against you because of it.

Yes, I understand what the issue is, but thanks for the condescension. My point is that unless you tell someone, they will never know. So how can you be discriminated against if you don't tell anyone? I have never talked to a boss about my relationship status or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I still agree it's a good thing for them to have. I just never understood how if you were worried about being discriminated against, you would make it public knowledge in order for it to happen to begin with. It's like being scared of your house being broken into, while telling everyone you meet that you leave all your doors unlocked.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: LGBT Job Discrimination Is Prohibited by Civil Rights Law - TheLeonardLeap - 04-07-2017, 09:08 PM