Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBT Job Discrimination Is Prohibited by Civil Rights Law
(04-07-2017, 09:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, I understand what the issue is, but thanks for the condescension. My point is that unless you tell someone, they will never know. So how can you be discriminated against if you don't tell anyone? I have never talked to a boss about my relationship status or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I still agree it's a good thing for them to have. I just never understood how if you were worried about being discriminated against, you would make it public knowledge in order for it to happen to begin with. It's like being scared of your house being broken into, while telling everyone you meet that you leave all your doors unlocked.

I thiught you understyood what I meant.

The condescention wasaimed at you for taking the position that it mis the duty of LGBT people to live in the closet and hide the truth in order to avoid troiuble.  Apparently you have some job where you never speak to any of your coworkers about anything excpt the job.  But those are pretty rare.  Most people who are properly adjusted socially speak to their co-workers about things other than work from time to time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LGBT Job Discrimination Is Prohibited by Civil Rights Law - fredtoast - 04-08-2017, 08:47 AM