Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
(04-07-2017, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I love your 3 round mock a lot but the more i think of it this seems more likely for us and i would love it as well...

1st - OJ Howard TE
2nd - Jordan Willis DE
3rd - John Toth C

Love John Ross and would be all for the pick but i just think Howard would be more valuable immediately.

I also think Elflein will go before the 3rd now.

For Howard to be successful in the Bengal's offense (and by successful, I mean he has to have an immediate impact) he would have to get Hue back from Cleveland since he knows how to run two TE sets....and maybe even Three TE sets.  That just isn't Zamp's offense.  Frustrating, but doing an essential swap for Eifert and not re-signing him isn't going to make this offense great, either.  A vertical threat like Ross must be respected or they will get burned.  Dude averaged a TD nearly every 5th reception.  That's insane big-play ability.  We need playmakers.  

As soon as I say that, I find myself thinking about Leonard Fournette.  Do I really think that guy would get stoned three times when we need one yard?  That seemed to happen a ridiculous number of times last year.  Fournette could have a Zeke Elliot-type of impact on a team that has other veteran offensive weapons.  I really struggle on that one. 

I struggle with the Elflein potential pick as I try to do things as I think the Bengals will do them, and I just don't see them letting go of Bodine.  If they drafted a Center, he would have to be an elite Guard prospect as well, and Elflein doesn't have the beast of an Isaac Asiata.  Elflein is very smart and that is what makes hims such a strong prospect at Center, but I am not sure his improves the running game to the extend of an Asiata.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - SHRacerX - 03-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - BenZoo2 - 03-22-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - SHRacerX - 04-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - BenZoo2 - 04-07-2017, 03:13 PM