Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That time of Offseason again....
(04-08-2017, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Careful, Nate...I started more than a few forest fires by merely "using Dalton and Brady in the same sentence".   Nervous

So much is pending on Ced's performance at LT, I am starting to think the Bengals should seriously consider making a move on Cam Robinson if he is still around at, say, #25 overall.  If they slide a few spots in Rd 1 and still get Ross or Davis, they could use that acquired 2nd rounder to package with their third rounder and go after Robinson.  

The way I look at it is that if Ced somehow beats out Cam Robinson, it is a huge win and we groom Robinson to the RG of the future, where he will likely be one of the best in the league.

If he beats Ced, we have the LT of the future and we have improved the biggest weakness on our line.  Huge win that we have for 5 years before he hits FA at pick #25  (or so) dollars.  

We would still have a 2nd round pick and that could be used on Jordan Willis the DE.

A first three rounds with Ross, Robinson, and Willis would make this team a much improved squad vs. last year.  

BTW, I completely agree that the running game will already be improved with the massive Smith at RG and Fisher finally finding a home at RT.  

Eh, im not scurred. It is the truth, people can bash it all they want but Brady is not a deep passing QB.

I think we just have to hope Og improves, sucks, Cam is not worth the pick at 9 in my opinion and i doubt we
trade to get him. We would be showing our hand and admitting Og was a mistake, Marv and PA won't do this.

The only way we get Cam Robinson is if we make that trade with the Stains and he falls to #33 i think.

Would love that trade, would really help this team more than keeping a backup QB that holds onto the ball too
long. While i think AJM is a very good backup QB, his value is at its peak right now.

Strike while the iron is hot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
That time of Offseason again.... - jj22 - 04-03-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: That time of Offseason again.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-08-2017, 02:25 PM