Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
(04-08-2017, 09:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For Howard to be successful in the Bengal's offense (and by successful, I mean he has to have an immediate impact) he would have to get Hue back from Cleveland since he knows how to run two TE sets....and maybe even Three TE sets.  That just isn't Zamp's offense.  Frustrating, but doing an essential swap for Eifert and not re-signing him isn't going to make this offense great, either.  A vertical threat like Ross must be respected or they will get burned.  Dude averaged a TD nearly every 5th reception.  That's insane big-play ability.  We need playmakers.  

As soon as I say that, I find myself thinking about Leonard Fournette.  Do I really think that guy would get stoned three times when we need one yard?  That seemed to happen a ridiculous number of times last year.  Fournette could have a Zeke Elliot-type of impact on a team that has other veteran offensive weapons.  I really struggle on that one. 

I struggle with the Elflein potential pick as I try to do things as I think the Bengals will do them, and I just don't see them letting go of Bodine.  If they drafted a Center, he would have to be an elite Guard prospect as well, and Elflein doesn't have the beast of an Isaac Asiata.  Elflein is very smart and that is what makes hims such a strong prospect at Center, but I am not sure his improves the running game to the extend of an Asiata.  

Sure wish Zamp would learn to use 2 TE sets atleast at times, it makes the Offense less predictable and you
have another blocker out there in the running game. Maybe getting a TE like Howard would make him.

One thing is for certain, if we drafted Howard at 9 he would be used immediately. The draft will tell us a lot.

All for John Ross as you know, cannot teach speed and we need speed badly at Receiver.

For Fournette as well, he can also catch the ball out of the backfield so he is not just a big, fast back, he has
a lot of versatility which we need at the RB position. Where would Asiata play? RG? Where then would Andre
play? RT? Then where would Fisher play? LT? Guess this would mean Og still would be sucking it up.

(04-08-2017, 10:18 AM)pulses Wrote: Because we  wont draft a guy 2 or 3 rounds sooner than we need to...lots better options and value in the 3rd than Toth by a landslide.

Have heard Toth mentioned in the 3rd round many times. I just want a top Center prospect is all.

(04-08-2017, 10:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Toth was solid at UK and could surprise some in the NFL.  Center position is a lot about smarts and this guy started four years in the SEC.  One thing I would hope for, though, is if the prospect can't beat Jethro out of the job (and there are some that believe the Bengals don't want anyone to...remember the TD drive with TJ Johnson when Bodine got benched?) then they have to be a contributor as a Guard.  

A lot of this will depend on what they feel about Westerman.  Did he improve his strength substantially last year?  Do they feel he can be a solid contributor?  If they did, I doubt they would have signed Smith...so a longer-term answer should be addressed.

I think guys like Moton, Lamp, Biswonty, and even Elflein will be long gone in the 2rd, but Asiata could be there and we pick before the Dolphins, who I doubt will use their second on him.  

Heard Toth plays nasty too which is why i like the guy, need physicality in our Center and a bit of a mean streak.

Westerman is the big question, getting Andre and using him as the RG raised my eyebrows a bit. Would be great
if Westerman has been working on playing Center. This would help the team tons, he is a really good pass protector.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - SHRacerX - 03-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - BenZoo2 - 03-22-2017, 01:02 PM
Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - BenZoo2 - 04-07-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-08-2017, 02:48 PM