Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Johnson must stop showing people how to . . .
(04-09-2017, 08:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you have Barnett confused with Myles Garrett.

this stat is from last October

In 18 SEC games, Barnett has 21 sacks and 32.5 tackles for loss.
In 18 SEC games, Garrett has 11 sacks and 17 tackles for loss.

The one thing Barnett has done best is produce against ther very best.  Here is more

In four consecutive games against nationally ranked teams - Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama - Barnett has totaled 19 tackles, 6 sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, an interception and a broken-up pass. Moreover, part of that production came against two of the league's better tackles, Robinson and Texas A&M's Avery Gennesy.

(04-09-2017, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are right, i did have the two confused. Nice catch Fred.

I saw Barnett beat Cam Robinson a bunch in that one game.

Reps, thanks for setting me straight on Barnett. Rock On

Let's not get carried away. I was gonna rebuttal Fred earlier, but chose no to do it. That said, now I will.

Here's the deal Fred, while the stats speak for themselves, they are skewed and here's why.

First and foremost, this is a terrible year for Tackles. More than one of the supposed 2016 collegiate top T's are projected to be Guards at the NFL level. Barnett's D gave up 31,45,49,&24 points in games played in October. Tennessee lost three of those four games.

Florida's T is expected to go anywhere from the 3rd-7th Rd. He's the second best T that he faced in the SEC last season.

Georgia's admitted weakness in 2016 was their o-line. It's on their football page in bold letters.

Texas A&M is known for producing overhyped OT's, in fact we currently have one on the Bengals roster. They win awards in college and blow at the big boy level. Also see Luke Joeckel.

Bama, see Cam Robinson, stock falling as I type this.
Then there was SCarolina a mediocre team at best, Tenn lost.

To sum up there are only three OTs from the SEC that are even projected in the top 15 listed draft prospects. Only one is projected as a 1st rder and his stock is falling. The other two are predicted to go anywhere from the 3rd-7th rds.

Your Tennessee bias is shining brightly! And these numbers are misleading. Kudos to the kid for putting up such good numbers, but it may as well been you or I trying to block him in many of his games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Johnson must stop showing people how to . . . - coachmcneil71 - 04-09-2017, 06:11 PM