Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Way Too Early Mock
(07-30-2015, 11:46 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) we have Eifert he is the guy for the future. Kroft should be a nice backup for him as well.
2.)Smith is a 6th round pick, Williams hasn't started a game yet, I think they see shaw more as a corner, and I hope your right on Iloka but I can't see them keeping an aging Nelson.
3.)I don't necessarily think MLB is a need at this point. Maluaga is good in that role as a two down starter plus we have an elite LB in Vontez and a nice young prospect in Dawson. I would rather address Defensive Tackle or Defensive End instead of LBer.
4th.) Character matters to the Bengals now. So I doubt they would draft fields.

1) Eifert is the future.  And I like Kroft, but he only played one year in an NFL style offense.  His blocking skills need a lot of work, but he shows great promise.  Vannett gives us a proven blocker that also hgas sure hands.

2) Pre-draft Smith was seen as the #3 safety in the draft.  I don't know what caused him to fall... but his tape shows a player with extreme talent. Iloka was a 5th rounder... so late round safeties don't scare me.  I do think we keep Iloka, but like you said there is a very good chance that we lose Nelson (unless he takes a team friendly deal).  Hall moving to safety also alleviates the pressure to draft a safety early. In my eyes Shaw is a corner, and you are right I think the coaches see him as a corner as well, I was just saying "if shat happens" they have a backup plan.  As far as Williams... the only reason he hasn't started a game yet is because he has two great players in front of him and he is learning from vets.  He will shine in time.

3) Rey is a great run stuffer, and in the old school game of football I agree with you, he is a great two down LB.  However, the game has changed, all LBers on all down need to be able to cover the pass as well.  Oh, and Rey was signed to a short term deal.  The point is, if you draft Smith you have a solid YOUNG LB crew for years to come.  three LBers that can play all three downs.  As far as DT or DE, We need a NT type DT (all of which would be a reach at this point.  Only exception being Vanderdoes from UCLA) and I feel like we can get that late in the draft... also we have Sims back who I think is going to be tough. I think we are another year away form having to take a early draft DE.

4) Character does matter, you are right.  But if he keeps his head on straight and continues to produce, I do not see a reaosn why the Bengals wouldn't take a flier on him.  Oh, and he fills your DE need Wink
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Another Way Too Early Mock - c12schleyer - 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Another Way Too Early Mock - J24 - 07-30-2015, 02:44 AM
RE: Another Way Too Early Mock - J24 - 07-30-2015, 11:46 PM
RE: Another Way Too Early Mock - c12schleyer - 07-31-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: Another Way Too Early Mock - Goalpost - 07-30-2015, 12:41 PM