Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damnit China! Damnit Amazon!
(04-09-2017, 01:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ok, so I'm really happy right now but have been pissed for 2 weeks. I have been working on my mancave. Been busting my ass on this for months (not everyday, but when work will allow). Not to mention the neighbors tree debacle I experienced late Jan when destroyed my shed and punctured holes in the roof of the cave. So anyway, I'm pretty proud of myself right now for figuring this out.

I installed an antenna and bought a couple bundles RG6 cable. I want football heaven for free (well, as much as you can get without spending hundreds on Directv to operate 3 different TV's). I did all the wiring and hooked everything up. However, I had issues with our receiver pulling antenna channels (older receiver made in 2007 w/VCR/DVD/Surround Sound/ETC). It pulled none! However, I hooked up to the other 2 televisions which search on their own and they were pulling like 30 channels. This pissed me off because I knew I was going to have to buy yet something else on Amazon to assist.

I searched Amazon and found a digital TV receiver for about $40. So, I purchased. I hooked it up and for the last 2 weekends I have messed with it over and over but for the life of me I could not get this box to retrieve any channels. So today, I drink about 10 beers while messing yet again with this little box. After a lot of frustration, I sit down at the bar, light a smoke and crack another beer. Then I get to thinking!

I bet this little box is made in China? China has cheap labor and quite possible this was made by a tired, overworked child or adult who's mind wasn't really wrapped around the quality of the product. Quite possible my quest for free NFL was not top on their list? I have checked the connection over, and over, and over. So, what if, a tired worker actually put the "Antenna In" connection in the "Antenna out" portal? What if this thing is wired backwards? I mean, WTF do I have to lose? So I plugged the antenna into "Antenna out."

Not thinking I would be successful I did a channel search. BAM! 17 channels came up. This was like the 20th time I had did a search and finally received something. So, I'm happy I figured it out. Damnit China! Give your people a lunch break or something. Shocked

(04-09-2017, 06:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was browsing on MSN and seen a quiz. Yes - one that doesn't ask you for an email address or anything but a good fun quiz! Claims to tell you your education level. I got 30 of 50 correct and said I had a bachelors degree. Well, I don't. I only have a certificate from a college in Logistics. However, I do read a lot and pay attention. So that helped me on the test. Plus, a few good guesses didn't hurt either.

Take a try.

http://definition.org/how-smart-are-you-quiz/1/

If you figured out the miswired receiver I don't think you need to take the take the written quiz. You passed the hands on portion of the test.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Damnit China! Damnit Amazon! - HarleyDog - 04-09-2017, 01:06 AM
RE: Damnit China! Damnit Amazon! - Au165 - 04-10-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: Damnit China! Damnit Amazon! - Au165 - 04-11-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: Damnit China! Damnit Amazon! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM