Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Trade With Jaguars for DE
(04-11-2017, 06:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I waited for the best response and this was it...

What talent did he have around him in Jax?  At least he has some speed and explosiveness that we haven't seen out of MJ.  I'm not saying he's going to be a three down starter, but I like what I see as a rotational pass rusher.  

Here is his combine evaluation:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chris-smith?id=2543692

Thanks man, good stuff on Chris Smith, great get off and burst, quite the athlete, projected in the 3rd to 4th round.

Led Arkansas in sacks one year...

(04-11-2017, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, he looks like a beast!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3VsrqPm6bloSYRE_nfSI...eqXRfbkd-Q]

Looks like the type of End we need to compete actually, has bend unlike MJ and Hunt.

(04-12-2017, 03:55 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Arguably the Jacksonville DL isn't too shabby these days so a cast off might have something to offer. And 4.5 sacks in his first 3 years where he only played in a little over 1 season's worth of games isn't a bad start. It certainly is an upgrade from Margus Hunt. He's basically another Wallace Gilberry -- rotational and worth 5 sacks a year when he's healthy and doing well. 

Yeah, that isn't a bad start, a younger Gilberry with upside that has better burst, speed and athleticism is what i am seeing.

At first i was like who is this guy? The more i read up on him i think i remember watching him play for the Razorbacks and him impressing.

This shows we are not just going after the tall Ends anymore to me, which is a good sign.

Would love to get a Von Miller type on this team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Trade With Jaguars - BenZoo2 - 04-11-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: Bengals Trade With Jaguars for DE - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-12-2017, 01:57 PM