Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks
I know the mock I just posted looks alot different than this

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals

Round 1 (9): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Round 2 (41): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Round 3 (73): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

but I think I could be ok with it. I have my doubts about Barnett, I'm honest. If he could be as productive for us as he was at UT, breaking Reggie White's record, I'd be ecstatic!  He has one hell of an outside move, but that's about it. Otherwise, I think he's pretty average. Could we help him develop other aspects of his game? How high is his ceiling? What's our history or Jacob Burney's history of developing young talent on the dline (or anywhere)? I'd take Foster over him. I know I have a history of wanting us to take a top LB in the draft to replace Maualuga, but I think I could name 8-10 other players whom I'd take over Barnett. I'll have an open mind about him and wish the best for/from him. And I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I think it's boom or bust with this guy. It's a gamble. Could pay off, but which names would we leave on the draft board after we took Barnett? Is it worth the risk?

Juju looks like a perfect match with AJ Green. He's physical. He's strong. Doesn't go down easy. Works hard for YAC. And he's got plenty of speed. 

Samaje Perine is a guy I hadn't pad attention to. I did a little poking around on YouTube and found some footage. The dude's a truck with a high gear. He just flattens DBs when they try to tackle him. He can lower his shoulder, and he drives hard with his legs trough tackles. There's no arm tackling this guy. 

I think we'd be alot better offensively, but we'd have to look for a quality Olineman at 4a, and maybe another at 4b or 5a. Maybe our Oline will be alright, but maybe it won't. But I doubt that we won't miss Whit and Zeitler. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks - BURROWorBUST - 04-13-2017, 03:50 AM