Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An example of a move that brings a Unit of the team to an Elite level - Malik Hooker
(04-13-2017, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think you have to be fair to Williams and realize that he improved as the season went on in what was his first season as a starter.  There were some communication errors early on, and Coyle had the secondary playing so damn far off the receivers (Denver) that it was easy pickings for the rookie QB.   Williams did improve as the season went on and I even like our depth with Derron Smith and Fej. 

Does that mean I would automatically pass on Hooker or Adams?  No.  However, I think this team's biggest weakness right now is scoring points.  The defense finished the season at or near the top in points allowed for the last 8 games.  I would much rather get an impact weapon like Ross in Rd 1 (after sliding a few spots to gain an additional pick?) that can help the running game, TEs and Slot WRs work underneath.  I feel like he is the missing piece (The Henry to the Chad and TJ we already have).

The Bengals don't feel that way, though, and I could absolutely see them making a selection for Hooker if he is there, and try to get a guy like Samuel in Rd 2.  Man, the OSU haters would lose it!

I am still not totally committed to one idea at this point.
I said earlier that I am open to any ideas that Transform a Unit of the team to an Elite level.
Shawn Williams is a good Safety that as you say will get better. A move to get Hooker or Adams would take our secondary up a level though. I think Williams would still get a lot of playing time in various packages & roles.
I'm considering all possible moves that could make an area of the team Elite or near Best in the NFL.
A stud wide receiver as you suggest is another option being weighed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An example of a move that brings a Unit of the team to an Elite level - Malik Hooker - depthchart - 04-13-2017, 10:00 AM