Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(04-13-2017, 11:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know he was asked about it, so it's not like he's walking around making random bold proclamations. So was he supposed to ignore the question and run to the weight room? I wonder if you had the same take (in bold) when Andrew Whitworth said the same thing after Ogbuehi/Fisher were drafted? Sure, Whit was better than Hill, but Hill has been the lead back for 3 years. I expect him to have that attitude of "you're going to have to take my job". Brady walked into the league cocky, telling Kraft it was the best decision he'd ever made. No one had a problem with that.

I have no problem with what he's saying, although I still want to draft a back. You're right about the line though.

Say the same generic thing every athlete says.

"All I'm focused on is working hard and being my best for camp." There's a ton of different ways to say that. His response makes it sound like he actually has had a grip on the RB position for years instead of the reality. He splits carries with Gio and if he played for a more hyper competitive franchise like the Pats he wouldn't have gotten as many chances.

Whit and Brady always have their house in order when it comes to the field so while I wasn't crazy about what Whit said he has been the best at his position imo for years and a staple to our locker room. When I think of Whit I think of him throwing John Henderson and Lamar Houston down for going after his QB when I think of Jeremy I think of an underachiever...and dancing. When Jeremy has earned that status then he gets a pass. That's part of the problem these players have an attitude like they are more than they are. Hill hasn't achieved or done anything in this league and the Bengals gift wrapping him the starting role because of something he did years ago isn't helping.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup' - CageTheBengal - 04-13-2017, 12:10 PM