Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big difference between Dan Rooney and Mike Brown
(04-14-2017, 10:59 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Does anyone else find it concerning that Roger Goodell stated that, "He talked to Dan Rooney every day for over 20 years" and "Dan Rooney was a mentor to him." I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but should one NFL team owner have that much sway/influence with the Commissioner of the league? Do you think Mike Brown talked with Goodell every day? I'd be surprised if Mike talked with him once a year. Regardless.....Rooney knew how to win and run a franchise. If only we were so lucky.

Goodell was extremely close with Kraft before Deflategate, and I have also read that he is close with the Mara family.  From what I understand, they all helped him get the Commissioner job to begin with.  If Mike has not figured out how to play the politics of the league by now... that is on him.

The difference between the Rooney family and the Brown family, is that one knows how to adapt and how to win in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The big difference between Dan Rooney and Mike Brown - OrlandoBengal - 04-14-2017, 11:26 AM