Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Elite D-line in 2 picks - 1st round Jonathan Allen DT, 2nd round Jordan Willis DE
(04-14-2017, 12:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: I can see how I worded my initial Post made it seem like I was plugging Jonathan Allen in as a Defensive Tackle to be paired with Geno as a Defensive Tackle all the time, on every play and every situation.
That was not my intent.
The overall purpose of getting Allen and Willis is to upgrade the talent on the D-line and be able to rotate players in and out to keep players fresh. To create a Great Unit.

Jonathan Allen weighs 286 pounds coming out of College at age 22. He will be a 300 to 305 pounder in no time as he matures and gets with NFL strength programs. I don't suggest having him at Nose DT every down and in all situations but he is Butt strong enough to do it from time to time with the Athleticism to penetrate even in these situations. I would want to use his versatility in situational rotations that gives all our D-lineman some plays to rest during games.
A Fresh, deep bad news Unit and Jonathan Allen's versatility could help it remain a tough Unit even when certain players get injured. His role would be more Flexible than I first implied.
Our D-line becomes Exceptional. We start to have something that separates us from the Wildcard hopeful Pack.

If you move Allen up to 300-305 you have now completely killed everything that makes him a top 10 pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Elite D-line in 2 picks - 1st round Jonathan Allen DT, 2nd round Jordan Willis DE - Au165 - 04-14-2017, 12:41 PM