Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An example of a move that brings a Unit of the team to an Elite level - Malik Hooker
(04-14-2017, 12:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Shawn Williams will be giving up 4 to 5 inch in height and 40 plus pounds if you bring him in at linebacker and expect him to cover tight ends. He is also making starter money so we are not going to let him ride the pine making that much cash for depth.

I don't care for Barnett at the ninth pick he is not an every down player at that spot at 268 pounds he wont hold up against the run. For the number nine pick you don't want a guy only on the field on 3rd down. I like Hooker great ball skills but we are solid at that spot and can use help in other spots. Williams and Iloka started gelling later in the year they will be better next year together.

Taking an offensive line guy at nine is out of the question no worthy guys there. That leaves DE RB LB Burfict the last two years came in out of shape when he got on the field it took 6 games to get him into decent shape. Depending on how much faith our coaches have in Hill to bounce back to his rookie form will decide if we are looking at a 225 plus pound starter or a 200 pound McCaffrey or 206 pound Cook. Between those 3 spots we should be able to get an impact player at 9 depending how the draft unfolds.

There is an outside chance they draft a WR at 9 but that means Core rides the bench we only activate 5 WR on game day.

It was actually the Bengals Defensive Coordinator that mentioned using Shawn Williams in Nickel Linebacker roles.
Williams is 6 foot tall and many linebackers are 6 foot 1 to 6 foot 2. Williams is used to covering Tight ends and Wide receivers as a Safety. That is the reason he could be used in that role and still strong enough to support in tackling.

I am open to ideas for the first pick and this Safety idea is just one of them that may be more outside the Box.
The Bengals have stayed inside the Box for years with so, so results.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An example of a move that brings a Unit of the team to an Elite level - Malik Hooker - depthchart - 04-14-2017, 12:57 PM