Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An example of a move that brings a Unit of the team to an Elite level - Malik Hooker
(04-14-2017, 12:36 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Shawn Williams will be giving up 4 to 5 inch in height and 40 plus pounds if you bring him in at linebacker and expect him to cover tight ends. He is also making starter money so we are not going to let him ride the pine making that much cash for depth.

I don't care for Barnett at the ninth pick he is not an every down player at that spot at 268 pounds he wont hold up against the run. For the number nine pick you don't want a guy only on the field on 3rd down. I like Hooker great ball skills but we are solid at that spot and can use help in other spots. Williams and Iloka started gelling later in the year they will be better next year together.

Taking an offensive line guy at nine is out of the question no worthy guys there. That leaves DE RB LB Burfict the last two years came in out of shape when he got on the field it took 6 games to get him into decent shape. Depending on how much faith our coaches have in Hill to bounce back to his rookie form will decide if we are looking at a 225 plus pound starter or a 200 pound McCaffrey or 206 pound Cook. Between those 3 spots we should be able to get an impact player at 9 depending how the draft unfolds.

There is an outside chance they draft a WR at 9 but that means Core rides the bench we only activate 5 WR on game day.

This is a very well thought out post that i cannot disagree with either.

There are just so many ways we can go at 9 that i will be happy with.

Getting Fournette, McCaffrey or Cook are also fine with me. Would be making our RB unit an elite unit most likely all
the while providing great insurance in case Gio is never the same or Hill continues to struggle. Pushes them both as
well. This would only help the team as a whole.

But i am not into drafting Foster with his size, problems and the fact he was surrounded with such talent at Bama.

If we go with a Bama player at 9 i hope it is Johnathan Allen as he is another player that would improve our D-line
situation immensely.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An example of a move that brings a Unit of the team to an Elite level - Malik Hooker - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-14-2017, 04:04 PM