Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big difference between Dan Rooney and Mike Brown
(04-14-2017, 01:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was listening to Farrell on the Bench on the drive home tonight, and he was discussing the death of Dan Rooney with a guest from Pittsburgh area media. The one thing that instantly stood out from the whole conversation was when the guest mentioned that Rooney once fired his own brother and cut Franco Harris...a Steelers legend. The guest said that while Rooney was a great man to everyone he met, it was understood that winning always came first.

When I heard that, I couldn't help but think of how that contrasts with Mike Brown and his extreme loyalty...even in cases where that loyalty is obviously hindering our ability to win. I think Rooney also showed that you can be a good man to those around you while also having standards for the organization that must be adhered to. I doubt any former coach or player would say a bad thing about Rooney...even those he let go.

It's just unfortunate that Mike Brown can't see this, because there's little doubt in my mind that Mike Brown's extreme loyalty has been the biggest problem for this team since he took over the reigns.

Spot on Shake,

Mike Brown has never been able to separate football and family. He's stuck in 1965 and thinks he's running the local mom and pop hardware store, he's Mr. Cunningham on Happy Days. He's even said he doesn't want to fire anybody because he seen what it did to his dad.

Sad but it's what we're stuck with. I'm holding out hope that when Katie takes over things will change, but who knows ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The big difference between Dan Rooney and Mike Brown - bengalfan74 - 04-14-2017, 05:58 PM