Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reason for AJM Trade
That title may mislead folks, and that was not my intention, but I was trying to understand why the trade had not happened at this point. The answer I came up with was: Why should it?

I mean, why make the trade today without knowing of the value of pick #33 for the Bengals? Also, why would the Jets or someone (Texans?) offer a pick without knowing what QB they will have a shot at in the 2nd round or if they can trade back in the first to get a Kizer or Mahonnes.

What I am hoping for (for more reasons than just an AJM trade) is that there is a run on QBs in Rd 1. No one saw Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker going as early as they did in Dalton's draft class. Teams will talk themselves in to a QB. Then, if the Browns are left without a QB. Say, SF surprises and takes Trubisky, and the Browns wait and another team takes Watson, that #33 pick might be offered for AJM.

My hope would be a player that can compete at LT, but could also be a very good prospect at Guard, would be there target at #33. The only two players I can think of that fit that prospect are Forrest Lamp and Cam Robinson. Most see Lamp as a guard anyways, but he has a lot of LT experience and he actually held up very well against Alabama's defensive talent.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the Bengals are better off waiting with AJM until draft day and see what happens elsewhere. His value could actually go up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM