Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Elite D-line in 2 picks - 1st round Jonathan Allen DT, 2nd round Jordan Willis DE
(04-14-2017, 01:14 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I'm not a fan of Willis at all.    I've watched some more tape of the guy recently    .  Don't like his game at all.   He appears to have a lack of instincts.    Doesn't seem to have many moves either.  Looks stiff out there .    The more I watched him the more I hated his game tape.   Looks the part but deosnt play it.

This puzzles me.  Did you know that he played mostly LDE in college and had to first read the handoff from a large number of zone-read offenses in the Big 12?  He unselfishly executed his assignment, and held up against the run while setting the edge on that side.  On obvious passing downs, that is where he made his money.  He would show strength in not getting pushed wide, and had a solid number of pass-rushing maneuvers.  

To generate the kind of TFL and sack numbers he did as a LDE was more than impressive.  He also virtually never gets tossed aside, a la Myles Garrett.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Elite D-line in 2 picks - 1st round Jonathan Allen DT, 2nd round Jordan Willis DE - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:47 AM