Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reason for AJM Trade
(04-16-2017, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That title may mislead folks, and that was not my intention, but I was trying to understand why the trade had not happened at this point.  The answer I came up with was:  Why should it?

I mean, why make the trade today without knowing of the value of pick #33 for the Bengals?  Also, why would the Jets or someone (Texans?) offer a pick without knowing what QB they will have a shot at in the 2nd round or if they can trade back in the first to get a Kizer or Mahonnes.  

What I am hoping for (for more reasons than just an AJM trade) is that there is a run on QBs in Rd 1.  No one saw Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker going as early as they did in Dalton's draft class.  Teams will talk themselves in to a QB.  Then, if the Browns are left without a QB.  Say, SF surprises and takes Trubisky, and the Browns wait and another team takes Watson, that #33 pick might be offered for AJM.

My hope would be a player that can compete at LT, but could also be a very good prospect at Guard, would be there target at #33.  The only two players I can think of that fit that prospect are Forrest Lamp and Cam Robinson.  Most see Lamp as a guard anyways, but he has a lot of LT experience and he actually held up very well against Alabama's defensive talent.  

The more I think about it, the more I believe the Bengals are better off waiting with AJM until draft day and see what happens elsewhere.  His value could actually go up.

I'm not so sure the Bengals consider Robinson as a LT prospect. He has length, but he's not the most athletic OL, and we know the Bengals put a premium on athletes for LT.
I think a player like Garett Bolles would be more appealing to the Bengals over Robinson when looking at LT prospects.
Lamp has the needed athleticism, but he doesn't have the ideal OT arm length. If they are fine with the short arms, he could be a very good selection.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Potential Reason for AJM Trade - ochocincos - 04-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM