Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks
(04-18-2017, 08:01 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: After seeing that Eifert is once again going to possibly miss part of the season due to injury, I am all in for Howard at #9.

This pick intrigues me.  It is kind of like insurance for Eifert, which the Bengals thought they had in Ced for Whit, but....well, that's another story.  I think Howard is a stud, and he doesn't have a ton of wear and tear, as Bama's spread didn't really utilize him as a primary weapon.  He sure showed up in big games, though.  I don't like what I hear about him as a blocker.  To be the #9 pick overall as a TE, you should be off the charts in every facet of the game.

My real issue is that the upcoming season, we would have him and Eifert together.  #9 overall has to be a starter.  Does Zampese even have a multiple TE formation?  I never saw it despite the surprising talent in Uzomah.  

I would rather go with Uzomah and Eifert, and hope Kroft looks dramatically different when completely healthy.  

Give me a guy that can take the top off the defense like no WR we have had since Chris Henry.  Give me a guy that would scare the shit out of opposing defenses.  Give me John Ross.  To make it even better, slide down a few picks, get an additional 2nd rounder we can use on one of the top Guard prospects and THEN get Ross.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks - SHRacerX - 04-18-2017, 08:41 AM