Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many new parts can a unit make work?
I see many people suggesting that the Bengals are going to load up on offensive weapons in the upcoming draft. My question is, just how many new "parts" can the offensive machine put it, and run well? As we noticed last year with the WR position, you can't always just put new bodies out there, and expect no drop-offs in production. It takes time for people working together to understand each other's tendencies and abilities.

This year, we are not only looking to replace two spots on the OL, but now likely a starting TE, and possibly RB. Honestly, under typical circumstances, incorporating a new RB should be relatively routine stuff, so long as he understands the offense and can pass pro. However, this year, with new players at LT and RG, it will take extra time for things to settle into a rhythm. At TE, you almost have to think that with the news that Eiftert isn't going to be ready, that in an effort to keep as much continuity on the field as possible, that Uzomah will start and Kroft will be 1st backup, no matter WHO they take in the draft. Same goes with WR, they resigned Lafell for a reason, he developed continuity and consistency with Andy, and the season wore on. Boyd and Core looked better and better the second half of the season. I see any WR drafted having to bide his time for reps.

What are your thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How many new parts can a unit make work? - SunsetBengal - 04-18-2017, 11:51 AM