Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks
(04-18-2017, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This pick intrigues me.  It is kind of like insurance for Eifert, which the Bengals thought they had in Ced for Whit, but....well, that's another story.  I think Howard is a stud, and he doesn't have a ton of wear and tear, as Bama's spread didn't really utilize him as a primary weapon.  He sure showed up in big games, though.  I don't like what I hear about him as a blocker.  To be the #9 pick overall as a TE, you should be off the charts in every facet of the game.

My real issue is that the upcoming season, we would have him and Eifert together.  #9 overall has to be a starter.  Does Zampese even have a multiple TE formation?  I never saw it despite the surprising talent in Uzomah.  

I would rather go with Uzomah and Eifert, and hope Kroft looks dramatically different when completely healthy.  

Give me a guy that can take the top off the defense like no WR we have had since Chris Henry.  Give me a guy that would scare the shit out of opposing defenses.  Give me John Ross.  To make it even better, slide down a few picks, get an additional 2nd rounder we can use on one of the top Guard prospects and THEN get Ross.
You make a good argument for Ross.  I don't think we can count on having Eifert early in the season and I'm tired of him missing so much playing time.  I definitely would not give him a big contract after this year.   Right now we can't go with Uzomah and Eifert because Eifert's hurt again and we need to let him move on after this season and build for next year. He's not worth the big payday he is sure to want. If we don't take Howard, then we need to look at taking a TE later.  This is supposed to be a strong draft for TEs.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McShay predicts Bengals' first 3 picks - BonnieBengal - 04-18-2017, 02:32 PM