Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case for Eifert to be TE2 + draft OJ Howard
(04-18-2017, 09:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is a very thin DE and you need more than two for sure plus we drafted two TEs in 2015 that they are still high on.. and as far as LB... Foster can start over Vigil or Rey coming in... but i see DE as very thin right now

The Bengals do need DEs, but IMO Derek Barnett or Taco Charlton will not be that much better than those available at 41. I'd much rather see a pass catcher in Round 1 and DEs in Round 2 and then sometime after for the second.

When looking at "complete" TEs, the only one really that fits the bill right out of the gate is OJ Howard. The other TEs all have some big area they need to develop before they get to be labeled a "complete" TE. All anyone seems to focus on nowadays is receiving for TEs, but blocking is a huge portion of TE usage in the Bengals system. And to those that say "you can get a blocking TE late in the draft", that's not what I'm saying the Bengals should go for. I'm saying the Bengals need a complete TE that can do both, and the only TE ready to do both at this very moment is OJ Howard. There's a reason he's considered a top 10 prospect and the top TE in a loaded TE class.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Case for Eifert to be TE2 + draft OJ Howard - ochocincos - 04-19-2017, 09:25 AM