Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case for Eifert to be TE2 + draft OJ Howard
(04-19-2017, 09:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals do need DEs, but IMO Derek Barnett or Taco Charlton will not be that much better than those available at 41. I'd much rather see a pass catcher in Round 1 and DEs in Round 2 and then sometime after for the second.

When looking at "complete" TEs, the only one really that fits the bill right out of the gate is OJ Howard. The other TEs all have some big area they need to develop before they get to be labeled a "complete" TE. All anyone seems to focus on nowadays is receiving for TEs, but blocking is a huge portion of TE usage in the Bengals system. And to those that say "you can get a blocking TE late in the draft", that's not what I'm saying the Bengals should go for. I'm saying the Bengals need a complete TE that can do both, and the only TE ready to do both at this very moment is OJ Howard. There's a reason he's considered a top 10 prospect and the top TE in a loaded TE class.

First, I totally disagree on Barnett.. he is an impact edge rusher in same mind set as Howard is an impact catching tight end.. both are not perfect (Howard not a very good blocker from what I have read, Barnett not great against the run).  I just feel with age of MJ, lack of production the last few years at DE and the young talent we seem to have at TE and still having Eifert now on the team, i think organization will prefer the edge rusher over TE.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/o.j.-howard?id=2557856
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Case for Eifert to be TE2 + draft OJ Howard - Essex Johnson - 04-19-2017, 11:50 AM