Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case for Eifert to be TE2 + draft OJ Howard
(04-19-2017, 12:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So we have differing opinions on Howard,i could have added that there is a real concern on his dedication etc.... but you keep saying we can get a good DE in 2nd round. we can also get a good TE in 2nd round such as Njoku or Engram in 2nd round, again not like Howard is not the only quality TE out there either...... but this is spiraling a bit.. the point was need based and I think I made a strong argument that we are more need based at Defense End with #9 pick than TE

Njoku and Engram aren't near the blockers that Howard is. Also, I don't think Njoku is there at 41. The Bengals are going to give a TE that can block more offensive snaps than a receiving-only TE.

I don't disagree with you that DE is more of a need than TE this year (assuming Eifert stays healthy), but the Bengals don't draft purely on need in Round 1. They take BPA in Round 1. They also look to draft a future replacement in Round 1 if a starter is expected to enter FA in a year or two. Eifert is set to hit FA sooner than Dunlap and MJ.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Case for Eifert to be TE2 + draft OJ Howard - ochocincos - 04-19-2017, 12:28 PM