Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Reason for AJM Trade
(04-18-2017, 06:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Kind of going backwards, but to first address what you said about me not mentioning a single flaw for AJM:  He isn't flawless.  He doesn't run very well.  He may be a bit too conservative (although he is EXACTLY what Houston needs).  All that being said, AJM has started in the NFL for more games than Garoppolo and had more success in college.  How many Patriots go elsewhere and look very average?  If the Browns are really considering offering the Pats #12 for him, AND giving Garoppolo a multi-year, huge deal, they are crazy.  

The real reason I think nothing has happened is two-fold:  One, the reason I already mentioned.  The Bengals can wait and see who is there at #33.  My guess is the Browns and Bengals have already had this conversation.  The other, is that there is not a greater value in the NFL than a QB on their rookie deal.  They get paid a fraction of what average starting QBs are paid and unless they are drafted very high, it is a huge potential savings for multiple years.  Look at how Seattle fared when they had a low-dollar QB.  Ditto SF for a short while.  I believe teams like the Browns, Bears, Jets, 49ers, etc are going to sit back and wait and see who goes QB first, then there will be a scramble.  None of this year's prospects look like year 1 starters anyways.  McCarron could come in to almost any team and be the leader, the stabilizing force at QB for next to nothing. If he looks great, you sign him long term.  If he doesn't you can draft one of the QBs coming out of USC and UCLA next year...they are really highly rated prospects.   

I am a Browns fan #2 (a distant second) and I would love to see it for Cleveland.  You may think less of me now, but I only say that so you know I am not trying to one-sided the trade.  

That post was addressed to BigSeph.  Confused
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - SHRacerX - 04-16-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Potential Reason for AJM Trade - Shake n Blake - 04-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Potential Reason for AJM Trade - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM