Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Wildcard will be harder to get & the Steelers may be even better in 2017
(04-19-2017, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True enough, but i think the Defense as a whole can be elite if we add another pass rusher or two to the fold.

I keep saying letting Peko and Maualuga go and giving those jobs to Billings and Minter is exactly what i would of done.

This season will hinge on if the O-line improves, can protect Dalton and open up holes in the running game.

I still have no faith in Marv getting us ready to sweep the Steelers, we have done that like what? Once. We will have to
split with them and sweep the rest of the Division which could happen if the things i speak of happen. Possible, problem
is still Marvin Lewis. He cannot outcoach good coaches in the Playoffs.

The Safety play improved as last season progressed as Shawn Williams got experience. So that should be better in 2017.
If William Jackson III with 4.37 speed is Legit and with the addition of Keivarie Russell the Corners should be better.
The Linebacker group should at least hold serve and as you say may be better with Minter. Nick Vigil also has more experience now.

Geno and Dunlap are excellent.
Upgrading the Michael Johnson position with at least a better rotational option would boost the D-line.
While Peko was not elite, he was pretty Durable which Billings is yet to prove.
I'd like to see another mid round DT taken this Draft to compete with Billings say round 4 or 5.
DT's can drop like flies with injuries during a season and Peko's durability may end up being missed even though he wasn't a Star.
Brandon Thompson who is only 27 years old and a 3rd round pick may be in the mix also for Peko's old job.

The Defense is close and as you say the Offense is the Bigger question. The Offense may get more early pick attention.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Wildcard will be harder to get & the Steelers may be even better in 2017 - depthchart - 04-19-2017, 04:02 PM