Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why it looks to me like Mike Williams may just be the Bengals choice.
(04-19-2017, 04:15 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I agree they will have different careers. I'm not saying they are the same exact player. But I am saying that all signs that have been pointed too from a data standpoint are not great for Williams. That said I don't think he'll be a bad player, but closer to guy who gets targets on WR hungry team

Your concern has some validity and is worth discussing.

Treadwell at 6 foot 2 is being covered by corners that are very close to his height at say 6 foot and these corners are much faster than Treadwell who ran a 4.63 and many of these corners can out jump him enough to make up for his height edge.

Mike Williams is 6 foot 3 and 5/8 and ran let us say a 4.55. Faster than Treadwell.
Williams has a larger overall Body Frame, a 3 to 4 inch height advantage on these same corners and just enough speed to cause a corner some problems if that corner makes the slightest mistake. The corners are staying in Treadwell's back pocket with him at 6 foot 2 & 4.63. Less margin for error with Williams for these corners and his greater height advantage & Big Frame make it tougher for them to out position for the ball.  IMO
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why it looks to me like Mike Williams may just be the Bengals choice. - depthchart - 04-19-2017, 04:51 PM