Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many new parts can a unit make work?
(04-19-2017, 02:17 PM)Crowe Wrote: It's a good thought to ponder. Personally, I think the team drafts a TE, WR, RB and at least 1 Olineman in this years draft, but I'm not sure if any are round 1, but that's all dependent on who is available when we pick. 

Me personally, I'm not drafting an offensive player in round 1 unless no defensive players I want are there. If this is the case then I'll look at 1 of the top 2 WR's in Davis/Williams. Howard might be the best TE in the draft, but I want to see more of Uzo and Kroft, besides we could get a nice mid-round TE prospect. I think people think if we get Howard that we're all of a sudden going to be running 2 TE sets. We hardly do that. As far as WR goes, we drafted Boyd who played well as the slot WR and Core who played well at the end of the season when he received snaps. I think with resigning Lafell who also played well, that the need for WR in round 1 is minimal, plus there are so many good prospects to be had in rounds 3-5. RB is also deep and I think if Mixon is there in the 2nd or 3rd that that will be the pick, I just can't justify drafting a rb at 9.

All in all, I do think we draft at least 1 from all the positions I mentioned above.

If it's me, I keep one hand ready to answer the phone.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Bengals feel like pretty much everyone from 9-20 are of about the same value.  If they have a chance to move back a couple spots, gain a 2nd or 3rd round pick, or even package a couple of those 6th and 7th rounders to get another in the middle rounds, they could solidify the future for both lines as well as the offensive skill positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many new parts can a unit make work? - SunsetBengal - 04-19-2017, 06:09 PM