Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many new parts can a unit make work?
(04-19-2017, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: False.  Whitworth played LT since '09.  He filled in, in marvelous fashion, in a good portion of '08.

My bad, I blame it on old age.

So to recap in 2011 we had a new #1 WR, a new 2nd round QB, a new OC and we had no rookie camps and rookies did not get play books on time due to CBA negotiation.

In 2017, we have veteran QB, veteran WR, tight end and running back group (Hill, Bernard and Peerman), but we are replacing a great LT, a poor RT (Ced last year), a very good OG who had a bad year in 2016.

As has been stated,the key will be can Bodine keep improving which he has done every year so far (not popular opinion I know) and can Ced and Fisher play to their draft positions in their 3rd years in the league and can Smith help euthanize the loss of Zeitler?

Big questions indeed?
Can Boyd and Core keep progressing?
Who do we draft (WR, TE or RB) capable of year one production?
Do we draft an OL capable of year one production or not needed yet due to Fisher, Ced and Andre stepping up?

On the other side of the ball, I see a defense getting Burfict back (not suspended) all year. Do we miss Peko or to we draft a replacement or is that guy already on the roster (Smith, Hardison, Sims or Billings)

Many ways other than just improve the offense to be better in 2017 so hopefully we use draft to grab some impact starters (1 or 2) thi year since we have a top 9 draft position for first time since 2011
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many new parts can a unit make work? - Luvnit2 - 04-19-2017, 09:15 PM